You will be lying if you say you don’t prefer easy techniques. So, here I am to make your cooking journey easy by providing some amazing kitchen hacks!
In case you are one of the few who doesn’t know that your rice cooker can be used as a cooking pan and you are currently wondering how you are going to accomplish it, here, I am going to disclose one of the most effective kitchens hacks.
And it is to help you by supplying with some necessary information about cooking rice in your rice cooker. But firstly, I would like to pinpoint some common facts about quinoa.
Wonder Grain For Future
Quinoa is a healthy wonder grain and we can’t get enough of this. We can even consume this cereal for breakfast! Nonetheless, this grain has massive health benefits. It is the most popular grain for health-conscious individuals.
The health benefits of quinoa are quite extensive and offer a lot of things for everyone. Let’s have a look at its health properties.
- It is high in fiber, which promotes good overall digestive health and reduces high blood pressure.
- As it consists of protein, it is beneficial for those who are on vegan or vegetarian diets.
- Quinoa helps to reduce weight and even protect your body from the risk of diabetes.
- It is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals.
- Compared to other grains, the fiber properties of quinoa is very noteworthy.
- It is rich in iron which effectively keeps your blood flow and blood formation balanced because the hemoglobin in our blood constitutes a lot of
Aren’t you getting excited to go through the cooking procedure? Well, here we go!
- Rice cooker
- A measuring cup
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cups water or broth
- 1 tbsp salt (optional)
- A flat spoon
- A bowl
Now, let’s move forward with the cooking methods, step by step.
Step One – Washing
Take 1 cup quinoa in a strainer and start washing them with cold filtered water. Make sure you use your hand to wash them by changing motions. If there are any lumps, rub them gently with your fingertips. Repeat this process until the quinoa seems clean and free of lumps. After that, move on to the next step.
Rinsing is the first step before starting the process of cooking. You are now ready to look forward and prepare yourself for cooking in a rice cooker.
Step Two – Time to Explore Your Cooking in a Rice Cooker
Here, we have the second step which comes with some more specific instructions.
- Pour 2 cups of water or broth into the rice cooker. Now, pour the rinsed quinoa into the pot. If you are unsure about what exact dish you are going to make, you might just want to add water for this. In case you have a plan, you can use the broth as it can enhance the flavor of your quinoa.
Tip: Before pouring the water you can simply brush the rice cooker base with olive oil or butter. As a result, your quinoa will appear fluffy and chewy. Also, it will add a pleasant smell.
- Stir the mixture of water/broth and quinoa well. Now, add in salt and close the lid of your rice cooker.
- If you own a fancy rice cooker, then it must have smart features. These rice cookers provide the advantage of having to do without setting a time or worrying too much about what’s on the stove because these devices will automatically halt the process when it’s ready.
In case you don’t have any fancy rice cooker, you just need to know the accurate time of the whole cooking procedure which is exactly 20 minutes.
After reaching the appropriate time, unplug your rice cooker from the power source.
Step 3- Time to Serve!
Now, bring out the pot from the cooker. Let it rest for 5 minutes. After that, fluff your quinoa using a fork. Pour them in a container. You can also season your quinoa as you want.
Tada! Your quinoa is finally ready for consumption.
Why Are You Going To Choose A Rice Cooker Over A Stove?
If you are still confused or wondering why you are likely to cook in the rice cooker, then here’s a quick check for you.
- Rice cooker doesn’t burn any part of the food
- Cleanup is simple
- Saves your time and energy
- Assures soaking the water properly
- Guaranteed puffed quinoa every time
- You don’t have to be in the kitchen for long
- You can simply relax and cook
Aren’t these perks quite enough to choose this device for your cooking? Give it a try. Trust me, you won’t regret it.
Want A Yummy Recipe On Quinoa?
I am going to share one of the most delicious quinoa recipes. It is packed with protein. What I love about that recipe is that it is perfectly suitable for a lunch pack and very healthy too.
It is going to be very tasty, healthy and flavorful. Now, let’s see the quick, easy recipe below.
Chinese Fried Quinoa
Below, you have the ingredients and procedure described to make this recipe;
- 2-3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 eggs (optional)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha (optional)
- 2 green onions, chopped
Tip: One thing you should always remember is that whenever you intend to cook quinoa with veggies or meat you need to cook the quinoa at first. Because it feels fluffier and flavorful if you cook the rest of the ingredients just after you’ve cooked quinoa in your rice cooker.
- Firstly, turn on your stove and place your frying pan on medium heat.
- After that, add sesame oil for a nutty flavor.
- Wait till the oil seems hot enough.
- Now, add all the chopped veggies one after another and stir them until it becomes
- Add two eggs for protein and eggy taste. But if you are a vegan then no need to worry. You can just skip them
- When the veggies seem finely cooked, add your cooked quinoa and stir.
- After combining all these stuff together, add 1 tbsp of soy sauce and stir again.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then turn the stove off. Let it rest in the pan for a few minutes.
Time To Do Some Art!
It’s time to decorate your Chinese fried quinoa. Imagine yourself as a designer and do some art on it. You can garnish it with colorful veggies or herbs. Also, you can slice them in various shapes. As I said, show your creativity.
Finally, your Chinese fried quinoa is ready to be served.
Rice cookers provide an easy cooking experience and thus, make your life easier. Cooking on steamer or gas might still be the preferable method for our parents or grandparents.
But we can’t deny the advantages of shortcuts in this busy world in pursuing our needs. So, that’s what the rice cooker is for. Making your cooking journey easier via technology.
I hope that this article was useful and helpful. Happy Cooking!