Brewing your favorite morning cup of coffee of tea, coffee, hot chocolate, instant soup, etc. is a ritual almost everyone can identify with. A tea kettle for gas stove will heat up your water pretty fast, helping you make your favorite beverage in minutes.
With the confusion surrounding using tea kettles on the gas stove, picking the best tea kettle for gas stove can turn into an uphill task. Below, we’ll give you some of the popular tea kettles that work well on gas stove plus additional tips to help you pick the perfect kettle.
Our best tea kettles for gas stove:
1. Hiware 1000ml Glass Teapot
We start our list with this best teapot for gas stove from Hiware. This is a lovely teapot, with a budget-friendly price tag, a beautiful design, and perfect for making your favorite teas over your stovetop.
You might at first get worried that the glass will break when you place this glass teapot on your gas stovetop. But that’s far from truth…the teapot is handcrafted form thicker, heat-resistant borosilicate glass that will withstand daily use.
You hassle-freely boil water for your tea by placing this teapot directly over your gas stovetop, electric stovetop, and even microwave. With just a medium heat setting, you’ll bring your water to boil in minutes.
It comes with a fully removable stainless steel infuser, which makes it suitable for brewing both loose leaf and blooming teas. Its crystal clear design gives you an enjoyable viewing experience as you brew your cup of tea.
Don’t forget that this teapot is also Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Its spout is optimized for easy pouring and precise control, so you won’t have to deal with dripping problems.
- Handcrafted from heat-resistant borosilicate
- Microwave and stovetop safe
- 100% dishwasher safe
- Removable stainless steel mesh infuser
- Non-dripping, easy pour spout
- Backed by a 2-year warranty
2. CAFÉ BREW COLLECTION 12 Cup Stovetop Whistling Tea Kettle
This kettle is also great for boiling your water on gas, electricity, and all the glass stovetops. It’s a fabulous addition to the Café Brew Collections line of kettles. It features a unique glass construction that sets it from the run-of-the-mill kettles currently populating the market.
One of the best features of this kettle has to be the crystal clear glass design! This gives it an elegant look and lets you easily watch your water as it boils. You can also see when your kettle gets dirty on the inside and needs cleaning.
And yes, its lid does whistle so you can easily tell when your water has come to a boil.
Because this kettle is constructed from highest-quality, heat-resistant borosilicate glass, you can rest assured that it’ll survive repeated used on your gas stove. All its components are lead- and BPA-free and dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- Ideal for electric, glass cooktop, and gas range
- 48oz capacity (12 cups)
- Dishwasher top rack safe
- High-quality borosilicate construction
- 100% assembled in the USA
- Lead-free, BPA-free kettle
3. Turbo Pot Stainless Steel 2.5 Qt. Tea Kettle
So your current kettle takes forever to bring your water to boil on your gas stove? If this is the problem you’re currently facing, this tea kettle from Turbo Pot will offer you an easy solution.
It features a 12mm aluminum heat exchanger base that accelerates the boil time by up to 30-50% faster than the standard tea kettles. This lets you enjoy your favorite coffee, tea, etc., in no time.
Even better, this tea kettle comes design to consume less fuel than the standard kettles on gas stoves. This further places it higher above other units on the market.
The stylish-looking kettle features a capacity of 2.5 quarts and will help you make enough tea for family or friends. (responsible for faster and a pretty sturdy and ergonomic handle.
Keep in mind that it comes with a Heavy-duty stainless steel body that can withstand daily use and last longer. This kettle will create a loud musical whistle to alter you when your water boils.
- Features fuel-saving design
- Soft silicone handle
- Convenient single-hand pour lever
- Heavy-duty stainless steel body
- Energy-efficient heat exchanger base
4. Coffee Gator Pour Over Kettle
This is doubtlessly one of the best tea kettles for gas stoves available on the market. Labeled as the Lamborghini of the coffee world, this pour-over kettle boasts of its place as the first kettle to feature a unique triple layer design, enabling it to work on just any stovetop, including gas stove.
It comes engineered from premium-grade stainless steel, which has excellent heat conductivity to boil your coffee or eta water in minutes. The metal is also rust-resistant and enables the kettle to last for decades.
Thanks to its gooseneck spout, this kettle will let out water with a steady stream, making it ideal for hand drip perfection.
Another unique feature that makes kettle stand from the rest is the built-in temperature gauge. This comes in handy when you want to know when your water reaches a specific temperature to ensure you brew nothing short of perfect coffee. The handle is fully insulated and ergonomic to make this kettle easy for you to use.
- 40oz capacity
- Made of premium grade stainless steel
- Gooseneck spout for steady water flow
- Built-in temperature gauge
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
5. KitchenAid KTEN20CBWH 2.0-Quart Kettle
Straight from KitchenAid, a reputable manufacturer of kitchen utensils and accessories, this kettle comes with a vibrantly colored porcelain exterior that makes a statement in your kitchen. It also comes in a variety of colors to give you options to pick from.
The cool-looking, contemporary kettle will not only look good on your stovetop but will work excellently to heat up your water pretty fast. It has a total capacity of 2 quarts and will boil enough water to brew a serving for your whole family or friends.
It comes with a removable lid for easy filling or cleaning. It also comes with a clear, audible whistle that lets you know when your water is hot and ready for brewing your favorite cup of tea or coffee.
Since it has a soft grip, insulated handle, this kettle will be easy for you to handle. Its thumb-press spout will promote easy pouring. The entire kettle has stainless steel construction for resistance to rust and corrosion and maximum longevity.
- 2.0-quart capacity
- Features removable lid
- Thumb-press spout
- C handle w/comfort grip
- Tough stainless steel body
- 1-year hassle-free warranty
6. Chefbar Pour Over Coffee Kettle Tea Kettle
If you’re looking for a pour-over coffee kettle that works with your gas stove, pick this kettle from Chefbar. This kettle is also made from durable brushed stainless steel metal, giving it a sleek yet timeless appearance.
Whether you’re steeping your favorite tea or preparing pour-over coffee at home, the kettle’s gracefully articulating gooseneck spout will ensure you easily achieve the perfect pour. The slender design of this spout will let you control the flow—resulting in even water distribution and minimal mistakes.
Chefbar design this kettle with a heat resistant handle to make it possible for you to hold the kettle directly from the gas stove once your water achieves your desired temperature. You’ll notice that this handle sits at an angle for easy positioning and pouring.
Note that this good-looking stainless steel dish dishwasher, making occasional cleaning an easy task for you. It not only works with the gas stove but also all the induction and electric stovetops.
- Durable food-grade stainless steel
- Features 1-liter capacity
- Gooseneck pour spout
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy-grip, heat-resistant handle
7. Teabloom Stovetop Safe Glass Teapot
This kettle is enough proof that the best teapot for stove can be made out of glass. It comes designed using superior quality borosilicate glass, giving it beautiful, eye-catching looks.
The dishwasher can be used on a gas stove and in the microwave. You can also safely place it in your refrigerator without worrying about it cracking like most cooking glassware.
Thanks to its crystal-clear glass construction (everything is super-clear: including the teapot itself, glass lid, and pour spout), you’ll enjoy a 360-degree view of your tea as it steeps inside the teapot.
Because this teapot comes with an integrated glass infuser, it will make it easy for you to steep loose teas.
It has a capacity of 1200ml (approx. 4-5 cups) and is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. The superior quality construction means this is a teapot that will be passed down to generations to come.
- Superior quality glass construction
- 1200ml teapot capacity
- Includes a laser-cut glass tea infuser
- Comfy, extra-large handle
- Smooth pouring, non-drip handle
- Safe for use in dishwasher
8. BELANKO 2.7 Quart Teapot for Stovetops
This is another great top designed for use on your gas stove. It comes with an elegant and durable design. It features a wood pattern handle and rust and corrosion-resistant stainless steel body, assuring you of years of brewing your favorite teas.
The kettle makes tea of coffee up to 2.7 quarts (or 12 cups) on a single boil, making it perfect for serving a whole family or party. It features a loud and audible whistle that will catch your attention when your water has boiled.
With its silicone-coated insulated handle, you can directly lift this pit from the stovetop without getting burnt. The handle’s ergonomic design makes it comfortable to handle. Don’t forget that the lid stays 100% sealed and won’t let out hot steam that might end up scalding your hands.
Overall, this stylish looking will revolutionize how you brew your tea. The stainless steel metal used to construct maximizes heat conductivity to help you boil your water faster. You can use this kettle on gas, halogen, induction, and radiant stoves.
- Features 2.7-quart capacity
- Loud and automatic whistling alert
- Crafted from sturdy stainless steel
- Silicone-coated insulated handle
- Fully sealed lid for safe handling
9. T-fal C76220 Specialty Stainless Steel Whistling Kettle
As we approach the close of our list, we have another great gas stovetop kettle for you. It features a heavy-gauge polished stainless steel body that gives it the durability, lasting performance, and sleek appearance while making it 100% safe for gas stoves.
It presents you with a broad base to enable it to make greater contact with your gas stove, translating to faster boiling of your water. Once your water has come to a boil, the spout cover will let out a pleasant whistle to alert you.
If you want an even bigger capacity kettle, this kettle is an excellent choice for you. It offers you to 3-liter capacity, letting you make enough tea for a larger family or group of people.
The stylish kettle has an ergonomic black handle that makes it easy to use. The included One push will easily open and close the spout cover for drip-free kettle use. The snug-fitting lid prevents steam from escaping and scalding your hands.
- Heavy-gauged stainless steel body
- Larger (3-quart) capacity
- Ergonomic, heat-resistant handle
- Integrated whistle function
- Dishwasher safe
- Backed by limited lifetime warranty
10. OXO BREW Classic Tea Kettle
Lastly, we have this classic tea kettle from OXO. Like most of the kettles we have featured in this list, this model comes with brushed stainless steel construction, making it a durable and attractive addition to your kitchen.
The classic, traditional-shaped kettle will work with your gas stove to bring your water to boil. It features an impressive capacity of 1.7 quarts, so you can make enough tea or coffee for a small family.
The Oxo Brew kettle presents you with silicone touch points on the handle, spout cap, and lid handle, to help resist heat and safeguard you from getting burned. It comes with a convenient spout cap that you simply flip down to cover the spout when boiling water.
It comes integrated with a loud whistle that will alert you when your water starts boiling. The precise spout prevents drip during pouring. And the large lid makes filling and cleaning more convenient for you. You can always turn the handle down to put out of the way for easier filling or convenient storage.
- Features 1.7-quart capacity
- High-grade stainless steel constriction
- Loud whistle alerts when water is ready
- Easy-open, one-touch spout cover
- Heat-resistant silicone handle and spout cap
- Large lid for easy filling/cleaning
Things To Check Before Getting One:
While many materials are used to construct, not all are effective for a kettle you intend to use with your gas stove. Here are the most common materials used for kettles meant for use with gas stove:
- Stainless steel: this is a highly popular choice for gas stove kettles. It not only looks attractive but is also durable, rust-free, and easy to clean and maintain. However, it can get too hot to the touch, so kettles made out of it should come with insulated touchpoints.
- Aluminum: This is also a highly popular material for gas stove kettles. Folks love it due to the balance it delivers between lightweight and durability. It resists rust, scratches, and stains, and will last longer. The lightweight nature of aluminum kettles makes them ideal for outdoor activities.
- Glass: glass makes a highly stylish and elegant looking kettles. However, glass is usually a delicate material and can break easily if exposed to high heat. If you opt for a glass kettle, make sure it comes with superior quality, heat-resistant glass construction.
- Copper: being an excellent heat conductor, kettle copper will bring your eater to boil faster and save you fuel. However, it requires regular maintenance to keep it from developing tarnishes and scratches.
- Ceramic: ceramic kettle features thicker walls. This gives it the advantage of maintaining temperatures for a bit longer than other materials. Ceramic is also rust-free. Unfortunately, ceramic kettles feel bulky and are quite fragile.
- Cast iron: For the ultimate durability and ability to retain heat, cast iron is your go-to material for your gas stovetop. Unfortunately, this material is pretty heavy and is susceptible to rust.
The size of a kettle or the amount it can hold is another important consideration. Essentially, you want to get a kettle that can brew enough coffee or tea for the intended users. If you’re looking for a kettle for a family or larger group of people, then a larger capacity is always recommended. If you’re looking for a kettle for individual use, then a smaller capacity will meet your needs.
In addition to materials and capacity, a kettle might come with some additional features that make it even more convenient to operate. One of these features is the whistling function, which lets out a loud and audible sound to alert you when your water is ready.
Other features include:
- Design/style: look for a kettle whose design or style complements your kitchen décor and suits your personal preferences.
- Spout: for maximum control over how water pours out of your kettle, get a unit with gooseneck spout design. A larger spout makes refilling easy.
- Handle: the perfect kettle should come with an ergonomic design, heat-resistant handle to make it easy for you to handle.
- Lid: models that feature a larger and removable lid make it easy for you to fill your kettle or clean it.
- Base: to ensure your kettle will withstand the direct heat coming from your gas stove, consider buying one that comes with a thick bottom.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What’s the best material for a gas stove kettle?
The perfect material for a tea kettle for a gas stove depends on your unique preferences. We have just outlined all the materials used to make these kettles. By analyzing the good and bad sides of each material, you should be able to make a more informed decision on the right kettle material.
Q: Can you use a glass tea kettle on a gas stove?
Yes. But before that, make sure the manufacturer has labeled it as safe for use directly on the stovetop. Some glass kettles aren’t heat-resistant and can break into pieces if you place them on your gas stove. Check our list above to find some of the best glass kettles that work with gas stoves.
Q: Is there a tea kettle that doesn’t rust?
Absolutely! Some materials are resistant to rust and will make kettles that don’t rust. Examples of these materials include stainless steel, aluminum, glass, and ceramic.
When looking for the best tea kettle for a gas stove, make sure you check the material used to construct it, its water holding capacity, and any convenient extras. We have offered you some of the coolest tea kettles for use with your gas stove. Pick one of these kettles today to brew your coffee or tea easily and faster.