In the cooking profession, a chef is always known for his stock processes and his cutlery. So there exists a special bond between a chef and his staff. The process starts with chopping to the breaking down ingredients into a fancy way.
A well-made, sturdy, and the best knife to cut meat, glides through it with a smooth touch. It has a perfectly balanced weight upon both ends, from the blade to the handle. The knives must be sharp enough to chop-chop the meat, which lessens the friction between the blade and the raw meat.
It takes a professional to have perfect insight into the best knife’s specifications for cutting meat, whether it is raw. With the uniform cuts, having a comfortable grip on the handle can bring immense pleasure to the chef with the perfectly chopped and sliced meat’s outlook.
These successful tasks are accomplished only by treating oneself with the best knife for slicing raw meat, a chef knife. Don’t miss out on the perfectly made smooth-edged knives just because you didn’t have that much knowledge about them.
You can get an idea of which knife is perfect for you by just getting along with this information.
Best Knives For Cutting Raw Meat
1. Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery Fibrox 6` Knife
An economical and straight but flexible blade knife is perfect for your household. It has a curvy blade with various choices, from the stiffed edge to the flexible one. This knife is made for the ease of chopping meat nicely.
It features gripping thermoplastic elastomer material that makes it firm on the grip, even with wet hands. The stainless steel blade curves along the edges and has a dimension of almost six inches.
The blade can smoothly pierce the meat with a high level of accuracy. You use the knife for chopping off meat or deboning fish and the poultry stack.
- Used for slicing as well as pre-boning of meat.
- Used to efficiently remove the fat from the meat
- Lifetime guarantee
- Highly recommended and satisfactory feedback product.
- You might need to sharpen the blade after a couple of uses.
2. Mercer Culinary Genesis 10` Knife
A multipurpose chef’s knife, made by the Mercer Culinary with a carbon steel 10 inches of its blade dimension. A must-have knife for the chefs forged from stain-resistant steel with a perfectly balanced handle.
It’s an ergonomic knife with a durable, sharp blade best for slicing meat. The knife’s no-stain, high carbon quality material makes it an ideal choice for professionals or any household.
Its tapered edges are perfect for slicing out the hams, turkeys, and roasted meats. Moreover, the stain-resistant bezel lining along the corrosion-free carbon blade comes with an entire tang body.
- A lightweight article with just 8.3 oz. Perfect for kitchen use.
- No need to hone it after every use.
- Replacing the need for a cleaver.
- The bolster is slightly above the cutting edge giving you full access to the cutting board.
- Due to its sharp edges, it is a bit difficult for beginners to avoid cuts.
- A bit pricey, but it’s worth the features.
3. Victorinox Swiss Army 47645, 12` knife
The high carbon steel knife by the top-rated Victorinox brand is ideal for cutting raw meat. Granton Blade made the multipurpose knife’s cutting-edge quality blade, which reduces friction in a fancy way.
The blade spans 12 inches in length, with the blazer spanning 5.4 inches, and has an ergonomic non-slip handle that perfectly balances grip and handling.
- Need no sharpening for a more extended period.
- Perfectly designed to reduce wrists fatigue.
- Multi-function knife with overall balance evenly.
- It prevents food from sticking onto the blade.
- Its long blade helps in slicing the heavy stack.
- Not dishwasher-friendly
- It preferably comes with a thin blade.
4. TUO Vegetable Cleaver 7 inch` Phoenix Series
At the slashed rate, TUO comes up with a variety of features. Its fiery color with stainless steel, made from high Carbon, award yourself with the world’s best knife for cutting raw meat.
A curvy 7 inches chopper blade, a must-have for chopping, mincing of the food material. Its exceptional comfort comes with excellent maneuverability ensuring the chefs and the users with the stability and high durability of frictionless shopping.
The stunning razor-edge cutting technology blade gives you a head start with a tampering feature of High-Tech Vacuum Heat Treatment and blade rating of up to the HRC56±2.
It also features a waterproof Pakkawood material, so the knife feels fancy.
- Low maintenance and easy cleaning.
- Perfectly maintained and sustained bolster balance giving you ease with the grip.
- A go-to knife for every household.
- Economical and cheap, but with greater use.
- The flexible blade tip doesn’t feel durable
5. Mercer Culinary Renaissance 11` Knife
The luxurious knife features a triple-riveted ergonomic design, a short bolster to sharpen the blade, and Germanic cutlery stainless steel perfectly capable of resisting rust, discoloration, and corrosion.
Many customers, especially the chefs, love this unique knife.
The high-quality build and low-price combination make the knife a great value product. It’s been awarded for its simplicity and comes with a traditional rounding on the spine. Yet this knife has surprised many of its users for its power, sharpness, and stability.
- Beautifully clustered with the perfect balance
- Works efficiently
- The tip of the blade dulls over time, so sharpening is needed.
- The blade is known to be thin and become curved over time.
6. DALSTRONG – Gladiator Series 6` Knife
The sharp-edged knife makes it suitable for cutting raw chicken and meat.
It’s a stunningly designed knife at the premium level, with an incredibly sharp razor. It can be used for pre-boning, preparing, skinning, and trimming your all-time favorite meat. It also comes with a military-grade G-10 handle and a lifetime guarantee.
- Extremely sharp with good balance
- Perfectly designed for the narrow cuttings between soft edges.
- Sharpening of the blade is required, comes with less cutting edge curve on the blade.
- The curve prevents the blade from sharpening as it will ruin the quality.
7. Zeolite Infinity Boning 6` Knife
The knife features high-quality carbon stainless steel ideal for cutting meat. Its versatile ergonomic design makes it excellent for delicate work, including processing off of the bone.
The top-quality high carbon blade gives it the best weight balance. You can use it for chopping and mincing the meat.
The knife consists of 67 layers of high carbon steel blade, which will last you a long time. Its qualitative specifications include edge retention, rust resistance, and a Pro chef vibe to minimize the workload by reducing the time in half.
Its stunning triple-riveted handle also distinguishes its features from the rest.
- Effortless slicing gives you the immense pleasure of limiting the extra strength.
- It has an incredible 12-degree pro-razor-sharp blade.
- Can cut skinny slices due to groove finishing on the blade.
- It would be best if you sharpened the blade after a couple of uses.
- It does not prevent the food from sticking onto the blade.
8. Mac Mighty Professional Hollow Edge 8` Knife
It’s a top-rated, long-lasting, sharp-edged knife that takes mincing to the next level.
It has a sharp 2mm blade which is perfect for handling small meat pieces. It is best for the vegetables’ squashing as it has dimples on its sharp edge, which grinds the food.
The dimension of this knife is about 12.63 inches and features the Pakkawood material. The last model’s complete overhaul of design allowed the handle to embrace a relaxed and comfortable grip.
- The thin bolts allow you to cut according to your style and perfectly.
- It helps in squashing the veggies with no or minimal effort.
- Outstanding packaging style.
- The shorthand handle and blade are not suitable for everyone.
- It does not prevent the food from sticking on the edge.
9. 14-inch Blade Granton Edge Knife
Slicing through food with ease is the motto of Granton Edge knife. It makes kitchen work so more uncomplicated with this 8-inch chopper and slicer. It features a high carbon stainless steel blade as well as rust- and stain-free conical ground.
Its blade comes stamped with cold-rolled steel and a sharp bolster-less edge. The complete tang design makes this a bang for your buck.
- Its handle is of excellent quality, well-balanced with the blade.
- Sharp edges glide through meat and veggies alike.
- Slices with an effortless stroke.
- It is ice-tampered for a longer-lasting sharpness.
- Sharpness fades over time.
- Squashed material gets stuck to the dimples of its blade.
10. Chef Knife, 8` Professional German High Carbon Stainless Steel Sharp Knife
The product is a highly-praised, high-quality chef knife. You can use it for chopping, slicing, dicing various fruits, and mincing meat.
The knife features Germanic hard steel, which prevents corrosion and rusting. Chilled nitrogen also gives this knife an extra hard texture suitable for everyday use. You’ll also appreciate the knife’s ergonomic handle and its durable blade.
- Made of high polymer material
- Beautiful aesthetic design and lightweight
- Easily dish-washed, and the residue does not stick for long and comes off easily.
- Not suitable for beginners as it has a sharp blade that can cut through the skin easily.
What to Look For Before Buying a Knife For Cutting Raw Meat?
Before buying a knife suitable for cutting raw meat, one must completely set their goals for what they want from their knives.
Going to a store without knowing what you need will become a mind-boggling experience for you. It would help if you were extra careful before getting your perfect knife. Not an ordinary knife can cut through any stack.
Look out for the budget you are going to have for your required knife. Try to get a feel from the blade.
After picking it up, look out for the handles and the blades; if they are perfectly balanced and feel a sharp toned edge, with high carbon stainless steel, if you feel like this is the perfect one for your cooking style, get it right that instant.
Check the bolsters. If they are strong enough, with a thickness, they are perfect for handling the knife when chopping the meat.
1. What knife should I use to cut raw meat?
There are a variety of knives that you can use to cut raw meat. One of the award-winning knives for pre-boning of meat is the Zelite Infinity Boning Knife 6 Inch.
It has 12-15 degree edge sharpness and robust bolster control, allowing you to mince through any raw meat. As mentioned earlier, you can also choose any knife with a strong bolster handle and sharp-edged but thick blade from knives.
2. Are Santoku knives good for cutting meat?
Yes, Santoku knives are great when it comes to chopping off the meat. It has a sharp blade and a well-balanced bolster with the handle. Its taper-ground edge allows you to cut through the fat of meat very smoothly.
3. Is a utility knife good for cutting raw meat?
They can cut the meat as their blades are razor-sharp, which glides through the meat neatly and swiftly with a clean cut.
But the mercer knives do not stay for much longer, and they become curved over the period as their blades are thin, which won’t allow them to stay put for a longer span.
4. Which knife would let you cut up a 10-pound piece of raw meat easily?
Mercer Culinary Genesis 10-inches knife is suitable to cut 10 pounds of raw meat. It can glide through the turkeys and large roasts. A wide blade with sharp edges can cut through the sizeable raw meat easily.
It also has a strong bolster which minimizes the effort to cut through the meat quickly.
5. Which knife is best suitable to cut rib bone pork?
Dalstrong Gladiator Series can help slice rib bone pork. They can cut through the narrow spaces between bones because of their tapered and slim blades.